We currently have an opening for a highly motivated; results oriented Client Services Engineer to join our GETS team.
The Client Services Team are product experts, and participate in the product development cycle, starting with defining and clarifying customer requirements, testing new products as they complete the development process, installing and supporting the product on site, and reporting and solving client issues during the on-site lifetime of the product.
They are experts in the design, performance and operation of the product. They are responsible for providing technical sales support to clients on-site and receiving and responding to client support calls.
In the Client Services organization, engineers are responsible to understand our client’s installation, anticipate client’s needs and proactively identify and solve client problems. They are the liaison to the client and the client’s advocate within DSPCon. They are passionate about supporting the client and providing world class client support.
Engineers in the Client Services Team manage client issues from beginning to end as the primary client interface within DSPCon. They are the first and primary point of client contact. They represent the status of client issues to the customer and handle technical, contract, and sales issues for the client.
- Develop a complete understanding of the product(s).
- Participate in the development process including establishment of requirements, testing of newly produced product and creating, tracking and testing modification requests.
- Monitor progress through number of requested requirements implemented, test plans written and executed, and timely completion of customer modification requests.
- Understand the client’s business, their value proposition and the unique characteristics of the DSPCon solution that supports the client’s business. Monitor progress by the number of customers supported.
- Be the client advocate.
- Identify client issues and represent them internally within DSPCon by establishing priorities for the issues, and tracking them through internal processes to a successful conclusion.
- Monitor effectiveness of your advocacy through client surveys, continuous improvement in customer satisfaction, and in increased sales volume.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams. Collaborate with Software and Systems engineering, Operations, and Sales to understand client issues, solve them and improve customer satisfaction. Monitor progress by number of client issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, particularly in military or aerospace markets supporting data acquisition or analysis systems is required.
- Experience with test automation software (e.g. Lab View, Test Stand) desired.
- Five years of experience or an advanced degree required.
- Previous experience in an ISO 9000 quality environment is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills, a drive for excellence, be a team player, be very well organized, and should be able to demonstrate these skills by example.
- Persistent in pursuing issues to completion, and be prepared to describe examples of such persistence.
- Good debugging skills, and be able to independently pursue customer and/or product issues to completion.
- A BSEE with five years’ experience or an MSEE degree with a passion for serving customers as well as the desire to learn new software and tools is required. Examples of client testimonials are a plus.
- This position may require 25% travel in domestic and international locations.
Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K / Retirement Plan, Life Insurance
For more than 60 years CDI Corporation has delivered engineering and technology solutions and recruitment and staffing services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world. Some of the exciting and growing industries we serve include Oil, Gas & Chemicals; Aerospace & Industrial Equipment; and Hi-Tech. We are a $1.1 billion company with a solid balance sheet, a strong credit rating and more than 10,000 employees.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
The above major ongoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with CDI Corporate policies and procedures.